Monday, January 08, 2007 @4:59 PM
the last time i felt like that, you wrote this for me.
so long ago, but i still kept it. i hope you didnt forget.
Picture of a Thousand Colours
Mosaic, pieced together
by only what could be a divine hand
Snatched away from the finest elements
Stole away from the splendid specimens
Sparkling rainbows, shimmering suns
Blazing suns, shining stars
Dash of colour, palette of vibrance
All blended together, coalesced
You're a picture of a thousand colours
Iridescent, opalescent, scintillating
Like none I've seen before
You're the picture that I'd forever hang on my wall
You're resplendent in every scene
Composed and fit to be a queen
Though vestiges of errors can be seen
It's significance so little, it's almost unseen
You illuminate the dark
I can't help but remark
That you brighten my day
Without you, simply means disarray
You're hanging on the wall by just a thread
And if thread snaps, you'd just fall
But don't just get cleaved into shreds
But you know i'd catch you if you call
I won't let you be plundered or pilfered
You're too valuable in my eyes
I'll stand guard all through the night
Never let you out of my sight
I know you think
That my passion for art will fade
Like the watercolour running in the rain
But rest assured, it'd be more or less the same
As time passes, as colour fades
As the toils of life take their toll
I'll be the paintbrush, restoring your original shades
Make sure, you're once again whole
I know it's painful to be defaced
By the cruel vandal, known only as trouble
But endure, for you can't be replaced
There's only one, there's no double
Smears of artistry, touches of finesse
painted just to impress
Masterfully sketched, intricately traced out
So don't twist your face into a pout
You're a picture Picture of a thousand colours
Depicting the rainbow
Offering a glimpse of heaven
Picture of a thousand colours
⥠fancy pink
in vintage.